Friday, February 27, 2009

Scholarly Birds

Upon arrival to the Douglass Library on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus, I noticed a pair of Pine Siskins lift off the ground and fly into a nearby tree. Not an entirely surprising sight, but to see siskins 100 feet off of George Street was pretty neat. I moved in to investigate further and try to get a better look at the birds.

Photograph by David Joly (c) 2009

As I moved underneath the tree, something took off from next to the building and scared the you-know-what out of me - it was an American Woodcock! I supressed the excitement caused by my bird-nerdiness for just long enough to follow him over the parking lot and into a small stand of trees.

Photograph by Rucker Sewell (c) 2008

Being that I was already late for work, I regrettably had to leave the birds - but seeing two Pine Siskins and an American Woodcock in downtown New Brunswick was a pretty exciting 5 minutes of pre-work birding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Upon arrival to the Douglass Library on the Rutgers New Brunswick camp
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!